Summer Stage 40th Season Gala
Friday, July 10 at 7:30pm
Saturday, July 11 at 6pm with a reception to follow at 8pm at Drexelbrook
Upper Darby Performing Arts Center
601 N Lansdowne Ave, Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania 19026
Celebrate 40 Seasons of Magic with Us!
Upper Darby Summer Stage’s first season in 1976 set the stage (no pun intended) for generations of people to experience magical theater right in their back yards. Our audience members enjoy high quality productions by talented young performers each summer. Our participants learn the craft of theater, and many of our alumni are still making a difference in the arts. Our 40th Season Gala will feature two nights of song and dance with alumni from each decade, plus a gala reception at Drexelbrook Country Club.
Tickets Available June 1
Ticket information will be available here, and tickets will be available starting June 1, 2015.
Help Us Update Our Summer Stage Alumni Records
No matter how you were involved during your time at Summer Stage, whether as a performer, technician, director, costumer, choreographer, or all of the above, please take a few moments to complete our alumni survey. Take a trip down memory lane as you help us update our records and tell us about your experience at Summer Stage.
All Alumni Are Invited to Perform
Our focus in creating the show has been on ensemble – one of the greatest lessons many of us learned while at Summer Stage. Solos will be at a minimum so that we can put as many past and present Summer Stagers in group songs and dances that highlight 40 years of talent and friendship!
Rehearsals will be held starting the week of June 27. Coming in from out of town? You can still participate! We want as many Summer Stagers in this show as possible!
Reunion Show Production Staff
- Reunion Show Coordinator Matt Cloran
- Julianna Schauerman
- Ed Robins
- Chris Sapienza
- Eric Thompson
- Rob Harris
- Brian Dietzler
- Kevin Dietzler
- Abby Shunskis Dietzler
- Jackie Serratore
- Dan Matarazzo
- Brian Walsh
- Harry Dietzler
A Few Very Important Things to Know and some FAQ’s
- The show is set up by decades with a few extra numbers celebrating Children’s Theatre, Shooting Stars and the like.
- You will be featured in the opening, the closing and your decade (possible more)
- What if I’ve been part of Summer Stage for more than one decade?
Great question! The production team will put you in the decade where we need extra performers. We should be able to tell you in the near future which decade you will be performing in but it will be one of the ones you were a part of.
- I’m not arriving until the week of the reunion show. Can I still be part of it?
Yes! We will put you in the opening and closing and find a way to have you be part of your decade albeit in a step-touch, sing ahhh and smile kinda way! Seriously – we want as many Summer Stagers in this show as possible!
- I would really LOVE to sing a solo. Can I suggest a number?
The show has been written to feature as many ensembles and dancers as possible. There will be solos in each decade and we hope to feature as many people as possible. However, we hope that the main reason you want to come join us is to be a part of a true summer stage ensemble!
- I have a question I’d like to ask Matt through e-mail. May I contact you?
Of course: at Cloran913@aol.com.
- What will it cost me? The performers will be in the audience to watch the show and will go to the stage for their numbers. We will be asking you to purchase a ticket for one night and a ticket to the reception if you choose to attend.
Want to Participate?
All you need to do is fill out our Alumni Form. We will be in touch with you with any updated rehearsal information!