Sunday, March 24, 2019
- Mahler: Das Lied von der Erde, with Barbara Dever and Robert Cart
- Schubert: Overture to Der Zwillingsbrüder
- Strauss: Suite from Der Rosenkavalier
Sunday, April 28, 2019
- Dvorak: In Nature's Realm Overture
- Cole: Sunlight Channel
- Saint-Saens: Violin Concerto no. 3, Finale, with Kristy Chen (a Young Artists Competition winner)
- Prokofiev: Symphony No. 5 in B-flat Major
About the Lansdowne Symphony Orchestra
Founded in 1946 at the First Presbyterian Church in Lansdowne, the Lansdowne Symphony Orchestra (LSO) is one of the oldest community orchestras in the Greater Philadelphia area.
Although the talented musicians who form the core of the 75+ members of the LSO come from many walks of life, they all share a strong love of music.
Our season runs from November to April. This year the orchestra will present five concerts. The repertoire includes orchestral music from the Baroque through contemporary classics, including time-honored favorites and interesting rarities.