Mainstage is going online! Register and reserve your spot today!
Join us for a jammed-packed virtual training experience like you’ve never seen before at Mainstage!
Have the chance to explore and improve your technique in song interpretation, audition prep, scene study, multiple dance styles and more with the Mainstage professional staff, while still experiencing the opportunity to perform for our Summer Stage audiences.
This summer, we’ll be splitting our cast up into three sessions, each two-weeks long. This will allow us to provide much greater individual focus in smaller groups, giving each participant specialized instruction and feedback.
Each session will have the unique opportunity to work on the whole actor’s instrument, specifically catered to YOUR interests, whether that be workshopping songs, stretching your audition muscles and/or refining your dance skills.
At the end of each session, you will have the opportunity to perform one or more of your workshopped pieces at our Virtual Showcase for an invited audience.
In addition, all three sessions will develop content for a full-company virtual performance at the end of the summer! Please note, when you commit to a session, please hold the first week in August for ‘Tech Week’ for us to put all the pieces together for the performance.
All Mainstagers will meet in the evening on June 16 to give a detailed overview of the plan for each session and virtual performances.
Rehearsals for each 2-week session will take place in the evenings from 7-9:30pm on Monday through Thursday with the culminating Virtual Showcase on the final Friday of each session.
- Session 1 will take place from June 22 to July 2 (Showcase July 3rd)
- Session 2 will take place from July 6 to July 16 (Showcase July 17th)
- Session 3 will take place from July 20 to July 30 (Showcase July 31st)
‘Tech Week’ for ALL participants will take place on select nights from August 3 to August 6
*Please be advised session dates are subject to change dependent on enrollment.
Meet your professional staff who will share this one-of-a-kind experience with you!
- Rachel Stevens – Rachel is New York based professional director; teaching artist; acting coach and life long Summer Stager. As a Director, Rachel has worked on Broadway, Off Broadway, regionally and at universities across the east coast. She is excited to create and grow with her Summer Stage family at Mainstage this summer.
- Gina Giachero – Gina has been a professional music director and accompanist in the Philadelphia area for over 15 years. She has music directed Mainstage since 2007 and is proud to be part of this awesome community. She has worked at the Arden, Walnut Street, and 11th Hour Theatre Company as well as being an adjunct faculty member at Temple University. She is excited to stretch her creative muscles to keep Mainstage alive this summer.
- Kevin Dietzler – Kevin is a life-long Summer Stager who has been directing and choreographing for professional and community productions in the Philadelphia area for the past 15 years. He last choreographed at Mainstage for the 2018 production of 42nd Street.
- Sarah DeNight
- Gabrielle Impriano
- Scott Berkowitz
- Nick Taddeo
Reserve your spot TODAY!
We ask that Mainstage participants please register in advance for your preferred session. If you are available for multiple sessions, please indicate for preference and we will notify you based on availability for all participants. Again, please note session dates are subject to change based on enrollment. Thank you for your flexibility.
Audition / Registration Resources
We’re here for your questions!
Not sold yet that you want to join us this summer? Don’t hesitate to reach out with your questions! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our staff members will get back to you to explain more about the program.
Thank you all for coming on this ride with us this summer. We couldn’t imagine a summer without the Mainstage magic and know this is the perfect way to keep the magic alive! Together, we’ll learn, grow, put on a show and have fun!